Boot Camp for
New Dads in Spanish
The Spanish version of Boot Camp for New Dads receives the same support as Boot Camp for New Dads and was acculturated and translated for Latino fathers. The traditional values of extended family are addressed by references to the grandparents, uncles and padrinos (godfathers) and by meeting in the “circulo” format.
Unique Challenges and Strengths
Often having left the country where they were fathered, Spanish speaking new fathers are learning about a new culture and trying to parent in a country that does not hold as dear the values that they grew up with. Traditional “machismo” may steer the new father away from the child and continue a cycle of separation. A positive view of machismo recognizes the strength of the relationship of father to his children. To create a healthy family, the Spanish Boot Camp offers understanding, knowledge and trust of the traditional community and extended kinship and the support these give to the new father.
No More Language Barrier
This curriculum is unique in its friendliness to the ears and hearts of new Latino fathers. Not only is the program designed to appeal specifically to men and new fathers, but also the curriculum uses Spanish language in a way that gives support to the new dad. Directed to the Spanish speaker, the curriculum instructs the participant without the annoying distractions of “pochismos”, English words said with a Spanish accent such as “marketa” for market or “brecas” for breaks. There is no need to explain English terms unknown to the common Spanish listening ear.
You receive a lifetime license to operate Boot Camp for New Dads as well as:
- Complete step-by-step instructions for program implementation:
- First time workshop recruitment (Rookies and Veterans)
- Workshop marketing (flyers, postcards, phone calls, etc.)
- Workshop Preparation and set-up
- Resource Manual for Coach, which includes:
- Coaching Tools
- Boot Camp curriculum
- Resource manual for Coordinator, which includes:
- Boot Camp preparation and set-up
- Necessary order forms
- Marketing disk with samples and templates
- Complimentary copy of our companion manual: Crash Course for Dads-To-Be
- Press Kit
- Sample press releases and speaking points
- Certificates, flyers and handouts
- Print ready Boot Camp logo for material implementation
- Photos (diaper changing, hand-off, group discussions, etc.)
Ongoing Technical Support
- Access to Boot Camp’s website where you can purchase additional materials, network with other programs, and obtain updated resources
- On-line consultation for ongoing support to address any challenges you may encounter
Onsite Training Certification
Boot Camp National Training Instructor will conduct a 2-day training workshop at your facility.
- Trainer will make a Boot Camp presentation to all personnel involved in implementation and discuss each department’s role (i.e., CEO, marketing, education, etc.).
- Training will be provided for the men you recruit as Boot Camp coaches
- Trainer will assist your coaches in leading their first Boot Camp workshop during certification workshop.
- Additional presentations to media and community groups are welcome and encouraged.
Cost: $800 plus travel expenses
Get Help with Obtaining Funding
Sample grant applications are easily modifiable to your circumstances and can be downloaded below: